At Maywood Academy High School we are committed to the success of our students.
- Respect the right of others. Treat other students and adults as you wish to be treated.
- Punctuality Class starts at 7:30 a.m. Students are expected to be in class by 7:30 a.m. Students must arrive on time to all classes, brining with them necessary materials.
- Textbooks Books must be covered when issued and kept in good condition; students are responsible for lost or damaged books.
- Dress Code Students must wear a MAHS shirt or their SLC shirt at all times. These shirts may not be altered or tied to show cleavage or midriffs.
- Homework Students will be assigned homework on a regular basis and must be completed per teacher instruction.
- School I.D. Cards Students must carry I.D. cards at all times.
- Absences Following an absence, a student must bring a note from his/her parent to the Attendance Office windows before 7:20 a.m.
- Appointments Students can not leave school without permission. Parents/Guardians, with identification, must always check out their son/daughter through the Main Office before leaving school. The student must bring a note to the office on the morning of his/her appointment.
- Meals At nutrition and lunch, students are to remain in the eating area and keep it clean. All classroom and office buildings are off limits during these times.
- Restrooms must be kept clean and free of litter. They will be available at all times, but students are asked to use them during breaks and passing periods.
- Medication When medication must be taken at school, it must be registered/stored with the school nurse. The nurse must have written directions from both the prescribing physician and the parent/guardian.
- Physical Education Program and Clothing All 9th & 10th grade students will have a course in Physical Education. Students must dress in the complete P.E. uniform, which includes shirt & shorts, socks and athletic shoes.
- Hall Passes Students must request a hall pass and teacher's permission to leave classrooms. Students may not be out of class without a hall pass.
- Safety Random metal scan searches will be conducted on a regular basis to ensure the safety of students.
- Dismissal The bell is a signal for the teacher to dismiss the class.
- Clubs and Activities Students are encouraged to participate in school clubs/activities.
- P.E. Excuses Excuses longer than three (3) days must be cleared by the Health Office with a note from the doctor.
- Bicycles No riding bicycles on campus.
- Skateboards are not appropriate due to the lack of storage.