School Site Council (SSC):
School Site Council is the decision-making council for Title 1 programs operated at the school to improve student achievement. The SSC shall develop and approve the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) in consultation with all stakeholders (with the review, certification and advice of any applicable school advisory committee, including, the English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC).
Roles/Responsibilities of School Site Council Include:
- Development of a comprehensive Single Plan for Student Achievement and ensuring that the school is continually engaged in identifying and implementing curriculum and instructional practices.
- Allocating Title 1 funds
- Developing the school-parent compact
English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC):
Each school with more than 21 English learner students (including Special Education schools) shall establish an elected English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC).
Roles/Responsibilities of ELAC include:
- Advising the School Site Council (SSC) on the development of the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA), especially those sections related to English Learners
- Assisting in the development of the school’s needs assessment and language census
- Making efforts to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
- Advising the principal and staff on the school’s program for English Learners.
- Advising in the development of and approval of the school’s Title III and Economic Impact Aid-Limited English Proficient (EIA-LEP) budgets.
School Leadership Council
The school leadership council brings a variety of stakeholders together to make decisions to benefit the instructional and operational focus of the school. The Council has six standing subcommittees which meet on a monthly or bi monthly basis. These subcommittees include: instruction, budget, technology/library, calendar/activities, student recognition, and WASC. Each subcommittee makes recommendations to the Council within their assigned area. All faculty members are assigned to a subcommittee. The subcommittees work collaboratively to assist with the implementation of the WASC Action Plan. Progress on the WASC Action Plan is an item placed on the agenda at all Council meetings.